If you have sent text messages during your sleep, you may want to consider the following tips to prevent sending out embarrassing or inappropriate messages:
- Turn off your cellular phone or block incoming sound alerts from emails or texts.
- Do not sleep with your cellular phone next to your bed.
- When using the alarm clock feature of your cellular phone, place you phone at a distance from your bed.
- Since lack of sleep tends to trigger sleep texting behavior, avoid sleep deprivation by ensuring you receive an adequate amount of sleep, keep a regular sleep schedule on weekdays and weekends, and follow good sleep hygiene.
- Avoid texting immediately before going to bed.
- If you are a parent, consider asking you child or teenager to hand over the phone for the night.